NEXT WEEK: Recreational sports will be conducted at Great Lakes Secondary School in Sarnia from 1830h to 2100h (23 Oct 2018); dress is athletic attire with running shoes; bring a water bottle (note; this is recreational; the cadet fitness assessment will be conducted at a later date in November)
Change of Command:
- effective immediately, Capt Gaetan Mainville will be going on a leave of absence to pursue training out-of-province until mid-April
- for the duration of this leave, Capt Laura Shand will assume all of the responsibilities of the Commanding Officer
- There will be an open shoot at the LHQ on Saturday 20 Oct 2018 from 0900h to 1130h; this is open to all ranks and strongly encouraged for Level One cadets as certification on the Daisy Air rifle is a requirement to pass your level; dress is civilian attire
- The 44 Sarnia Imperial Air Cadets have been invited to a Halloween Party that the 102 Army Cadets are hosting at their facility at 574 Confederation Street in Sarnia from 1800h to 2100h on 31 Oct 2018; this is a costume party and refreshments will be served
- Petrolia Poppy Pinnng Support:
- We will be supporting the Petrolia Legion in their Poppy Pinning campaign. We will be providing transportation from the LHQ to Petrolia and back at the following times:
- Friday, 26 Oct 2018:
- Group 1: Depart: 0830h/Return: 1330h (Driver: Capt Shand)
- Group 2: Depart: 1230h/Return: 1730h
- Saturday, 27 Oct 2018:
- Group 3: Depart: 0830h/Return: 1330h
- Group 4: Depart: 1230h/Return: 1730h
- Cadets may sign-up for any other time they desire (1h minimum) but may need to find their own transportation to the Petrolia Legion at 4129 Glenview Road, Petrolia (behind LCCVI High School).
- Please sign-up using the sheets at the Squadron or contact Lt Card (226) 932-6042 to volunteer to drive (parent) and/or sign-up for shifts (cadets).
Ground School: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018: 1900h to 2100h
Band Practice: Thursday, 18 Oct 2018: 1900h to 2100h
Drill Team Practice: Monday, 22 Oct 2018; 1900h to 2100h
There was one promotion for this evening given to WO1 Mikaela Magtanong. Congratulations!
There were three appointments made:
- Sgt Aidan Lafferty was appointed Drum Major of the band
- WO1 Mikaela Magtanong was appointed Squadron Warrant Officer (SWO)
- WO2 Ethan Harris was appointed Deputy Squadron Warrant Officer (DSWO)
Good luck to all of you!
There were two 4-year Service Medals awarded, presented by Mrs. Melody Gibson, chairperson of the Squadron Sponsoring Committee:
- Sgt Christa Bassett
- Sgt Joshua Gibson
There were two service bars given for the 5th year of service, also presented by Mrs. Melody Gibson:
- WO1 Mikaela Magtanong
- WO2 Ethan Harris